Thursday, February 15, 2007

Problems and Pro games

I've just started replaying pro games without trying to understand the moves. Just an exercise. I want to associate this with many simple problems.

The player I have chosen is Takagawa .

The first game that I replayed was a game from 1970 between Takagawa and Go Seigen.

It took me an hour to replay the game on my goban.
Made some mistakes and had to do it all over. It took about 25 - 30 minutes this time.

Tonight I'll try again. If I manage to do it in 10 minutes, I'll take a new game... and so on.

Don't know how good this method is, but I'm going to try it. Seems to calm me down (especially combined with Chinese music :)

I have found this site with famous Go games and tsumego collections.

Take a look.

2 comments:

Stjep said...

Hmm... setting a time limit for replaying games may not be the best idea. After all the pros have been thinking about their moves for over 2 hours (each player).

When I study pro-games I try to figure out the meaning of a move. What does it do? Is it good? what are the alternatives?...

Like this you can easily spend 45 minutes on one game, but it's worth it :) (IMHO)

Anonymous said...

Takagawa's Go is too slow.Better to find some modern master instead.